- READ Ministries began in 2002. READ was formed for the purpose of resourcing evangelism and discipleship ministries in Ukraine and other Russian speaking countries of the former Soviet Union.
- READ is about equipping the evangelical church in the Former Soviet Union (FSU). Equipping involves giving someone the necessary tools & training to do a job. For READ, equipping means providing Christian literature resources & training in their use to churches and their leaders in the FSU. Through our equipping efforts, we seek to make ministries of evangelism and discipleship in the FSU more effective.
- READ started in Ukraine. Initially, READ focused its ministry on the churches of Ukraine and their leaders. Since 2002 READ has been equipping through two primary strategies. The first involves the training of church librarians in partnership with Ukrainian Bible Colleges and Seminaries. The second is conducting weekend conferences for church leaders. In both of these, READ provides collections of Russian language Christian literature resources (libraries) used in ministry by those who receive the training.
- READ partners with evangelical organizations in Ukraine. READ has formed partnerships with seven Regional Bible Colleges and Seminaries in Ukraine to conduct these two equipping strategies. READ's partners are in the Ukrainian cities of Kherson, Zaporizhzhya, Kremenchug, Lugansk, Kyiv, Rivne, and Dunayevtsy.
- READ supports social ministries in Ukraine. READ provides Christian media resources to evangelical churches in Ukraine engaged in evangelism and discipleship ministries in prisons, jails, and rehabilitation centers.
- READ serves in Belarus. Since 2009, READ has been partnering with Minsk Theological Seminary to train church librarians, conduct conferences for church leaders, and distribute Christian literature resources to churches and their leaders.
- READ has spread into the Caucasus and Central Asia. Since 2011, READ has been partnering with several Ukrainian ministries to distribute biblical and theological literature resources in countries of the Caucasus and Central Asia. In most of these countries paper resources cannot be safely shared, so READ distributes its resources in digital formats. For security reasons, READ cannot name these countries because most have a culture and religion shaped by Islam.