Accomplish the vision and goals of READ Ministries by serving as the Executive Director and liaison between READ Ministries and its ministry partners.
- Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life.
- An excellent communicator, able to effectively share the vision and mission of READ with supporting individuals and churches.
- Reflects the heart of a spiritual and servant leader.
- Exhibits personal qualities marked by integrity and unquestionable honesty.
- Earnestly seeks God's will above all other possible motivations.
- Exhibits emotional health and maturity, is willing to acknowledge limitations and depends upon God each day for His grace.
- Possesses a spirit of collaboration and fellowship.
- Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people who need Jesus and Christians who live in the former Soviet Union and its republics.
- Exhibits Christ's love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body.
- Is called to this role with spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, and the ability to serve in a foreign context.
- Committed to the vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith, and Constitution of READ Ministries.
Education and Experience
- Ordination or ministerial license preferred.
- Seminary degree or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in preaching, teaching, leadership and supervision of staff.
- Potential to be highly respected within the foreign church leadership of the former Soviet Union with the necessary pastoral gifts to serve both foreign and U.S. churches.
- Committed to an evangelical theological perspective.
- Able to function within the hierarchical, complementarian orientation of our former Soviet Union partnering churches.
- Preferably able to communicate in or willing to learn either Russian or Ukrainian.
Within North America
- Serves in the capacity of a CEO and supervises and manages all employees of READ Ministries.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors how we might best execute our vision in a way that maximizes available gifts and resources.
- Accomplish a vision for READ Ministries in cooperation with foreign partners and the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the development of individual and church-based financial and prayer support for the ministry.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to inform and develop such support base.
- Assist the office staff in identification and communications with foundations, etc. This may require grant writing and instruction in the grant-writing process.
- Assist the Board of Directors in the development of a budget for projects that reflects the annual goals of READ Ministries.
- Formulate and direct a communication process with appropriate tools to expand the message of READ Ministries.
With Foreign Partners
- Facilitate the communication between READ Ministries and all of its foreign ministry partners.
- Serve our foreign ministry partners by the development of possible future projects in keeping with the vision and goals of our ministry.
- Coordinate the distribution of funds in order to execute approved projects.
- Represent READ Ministries at foreign ministry partner functions as deemed appropriate by the Board.
- Reports to the Board of Directors for encouragement, accountability, support, and communication of ministry progress and objectives.
- Submits to the Board of Directors for an annual performance evaluation.
- Functions as an advisory, non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Meets with current and potential financial supporters.